Middle School Announcements
Middle School Announcements for Friday 12-15-17 8 Period Schedule
1st Period Math Students will have Specials 1st hour and then Math 2nd Hour
2nd Period Math students will have Math 1st Hour and then PE 2nd Hour
6th Grade 6th Grade Choir meets
6th Grade 6th Grade Study Hall
7th & 8th Graders:
7th Period 7th grade Electives/8th Grade Specials
8th Period 7th Grade Specials/8th Grade Electives
Lunch: Pasta Bar, lettuce salad, steamed broccoli, garlic bread, tropical fruit
NOTE: A Spaghetti Dinner Benefit will be held next Tuesday, December 19th from 4-8pm for Brent Hoyt and family. It will be in the HS Cafeteria.
1. ALL NEXT WEEK Monday 12/18 thru Thursday 12/21 will be having 8 Period Days with a dismissal at 1:00 p.m. on Thursday 12/12 for the Christmas break. Thursday 12/21 will be an activity day for MS and all MS students will stay in the MS all day on Thursday. (Monday 12/18 will be a Friday rotation schedule, and since Wednesdays are generally a block day, and we will be having all 8 periods, we will still stick with our regular Wednesday rotation groups for 1st & 2nd Period and 7th & 8th Period on Wednesday.)
2. The Middle School will have their next Leader In Me assembly on Tuesday, December 19th in the Event Center at 3:10 p.m.
3. School Pictures were taken by PEC Photo PO Box 68 Altoona, IA 50009
email is email@example.com is www.pec-photo.com . Please contact them for more information on ordering pictures that were taken during our school photo sessions for MS & HS. Original picture date was September 14th and re-takes were taken on October 24th for Pleasantville Schools.
4. There are a few remaining copies of the 2016-2017 Pleasantville Elementary/MS yearbook. They are available for sale and the cost is $25. If you are interested in purchasing one, please contact Mrs. Ann Core via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Information was also sent home last week to remind you to purchase your yearbook for the 2017-2018 current school year from Jostens. This ordering process should be completed online at: jostensyearbooks.com . Place your order today for your Elementary/Middle School yearbook for 2017-2018 current school year. The phone number to call Jostens if you have questions is: 1-877-767-5217
5.. Anti-Bullying Club will be meeting the first Wednesday of each month from 3:30-4:15 p.m. in the PHS Library with Mr. Sinclair . The club is open to anyone interested in making our school a better place, and their goal is to plan fun activities focused on kindness and anti-bullying.
6. Mr. Bruns' Chess Club will be meeting on Tuesdays afterschool until 4:30 p.m. in HS Math classroom Rm 209.
7. JH Boys Basketball: Their next game will be Monday, Dec. 18th at 4:00 p.m. at Van-Meter. The bus will be leaving at 2:15 p.m on Monday, so players will be dismissed at 2:00 p.m. that day.
8. JH Girls Basketball will have a home game on Monday, December 18th with Van-Meter starting at 4:00 p.m.( this time originally showed 4:15 p.m. so please note time change.)
9. JH Wrestling will have a meet at Lynnville-Sully on Monday, Dec. 18th at 4:15 p.m. The bus will leave at 2:45 p.m. on Monday and wrestlers and managers will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m.
10. MS Choir students: Please take note of the Updated choir lesson schedule for this week is posted in the hallway. Also please bring laptops to choir lesson times.
FEATURED VOCABULARY WORDS OF THE WEEK: compose
For the month of DECEMBER we are reviewing Habits #1-#3:
The Private Victory - The Personal Bank Account
Keep promises to Yourself
Do Random Acts of Service
Tap into your Talents
Be gentle with yourself - Try to go an entire day without negative self-talk. Each time you catch yourself putting yourself down, you have to replace it with three positive thoughts about yourself
Renew Yourself - decide on a fun activity that will lift your spirits
Habit 1: Be Proactive
Be the first to apologize
Listen carefully to your words today - count how many times you use reactive language
Identify something in your circle of no control that you are always worrying about. Decide now to drop it.
Push the pause button before you react to someone or something that happens. Think before you speak.
Habit 2: Begin with the End in MInd
Control your own destiny (or someone else will)
Mission Statements - write down your goals in life
Make your life extraordinary
Habit 3: Put First Things First
Identify your biggest time-wasters!
Note your ten most important big rocks for the upcoming week. Now, block out time on your schedule to accomplish each one.
- Elementary Newsletter Kids Explain the 7 Habits
posted November 2, 2017
- Elementary Newsletter October 2017
posted November 2, 2017
- Elementary Newsletter September 2017
posted October 2, 2017
- Marion County Offering Flu Shots for Students October 17th.
posted September 15, 2017