Middle School Announcements
WEDNESDAY 5-24-17 8 PERIOD SCHEDULE (The rest of this week we will be running an 8 Period schedule.
TODAY Wednesday, May 24th MS Computer Roll In during 6th-8th Periods . MAKE SURE TO GET ANYTHING YOU WISH TO SAVE OFF YOUR COMPUTERS AND BACK IT UP ON A ZIP DRIVE!! BAg, chargers and laptops are all required to be turned in today!
TOMORROW Thursday, May 25th will be the MS BRAG TRip from 8:15-until the end of the day (list of students participating was emailed out on Monday afternoon.
Friday, May 26th Iowa Assessments Activities Day .
On Fri. May 26th there will be a 1:00 p.m. DISMISSAL TIME FOR SUMMER BREAK!!!
1. MAKE SURE YOU WILL BE READY TO PRACTICE AND COMPETE BY HAVING YOUR COMPLETED PHYSICAL & CONCUSSION FORMS ON FILE WITH THE SCHOOL NURSE'S OFFICE.
NOTE: ALL 7th & 8th Grade STUDENTS MUST HAVE A VALID SPORTS PHYSICAL AND CONCUSSION FORM ON FILE IN ORDER TO BEGIN PRACTICE FOR ANY SPORT. Contact information for MS coaches for SPRING AND SUMMER SPORTS is listed below:
7th & 8th Grade Baseball Mr. Tom Wilkins firstname.lastname@example.org
7th & 8th Softball Mr. Eric VanEllen email@example.com
6TH GRADERS: For more information on Pleasantville Rec League Programs contact Jordan Flaws at Pleasantville Parks and Rec 515-669-8602 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. SCHOOL PICTURES FOR MS/HS were taken by PEC PHOTO this year. For more information : PO Box 68 Altoona, Iowa 50009 email email@example.com website www. pec-photo.com
3. SUMMER DRIVERS ED CLASSES: Will once again be offered by STREET SMARTS Drivers Education 515-279-1112 and they will begin on July 3rd. CLASS PLV-14 online registration going on now at www.streetsmartsdriversed.com You must have your driver's learning permit before class begins, and additional drive time outside of class time will be scheduled for each student. Cost is $325 or $335 if paying with credit or debit card. Payments should be mailed to: Street Smarts PO Box 71658 Clive, Iowa 50325. Office is located at 9914 Swanson Blvd in Clive with office Hours from 8-5 p.m. M-F.
4. PHS SOFTBALL: Please also see Mrs. Roff if you are interested in cookie dough from Softball fundraiser. $20/box and they have several extras left to sell. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. PHS BASEBALL now has I-CUBS TICKETS available for sale. They are at a discounted price of $8.00 (normally $12.00 at Principal Park) and they are good for any regular season game there except for July 2nd and 3rd. Please contact Coach Card or any PHS Baseball player if you are interested in purchasing some of these tickets. email@example.com
6. DMACC Southridge Middle School Career Discovery Camp 2017: Midddle Schoolers-this is your opportunity to check out the DMACC Career options available in the area of automotive technology, computer programming, criminal justice, health occupations and teaching. Wednesday , July 26th, 2017 . 8:45-3:00 p.m. at DMACC Southridge. You may choose orning only session for $15 or $25 for all day (includes snack , lunch and t-shirt) Sign-up information will be emailed out to 6th-8th graders and parents or you can pickup an extra entry form outside the MS office.
7. Simpson College is hosting a 2017 YOUTH FOOTBALL CAMP June 5th-8th for students entering grades 2nd thru 8th next Fall. Info flyers are available outside the MS Office. Cost is $100 For more information contact Simpson Football: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 515-961-1345
8. PHS GIRLS BASKETBALL CAMP will be JULY 10-12th. See email sent out this week to students and parents for registration information or contact Mr. Fichter at email@example.com.
9. There is also a separate basketball camp for Boys and Girls in 5th-8th grade (grade entering next Fall) being offered at Pleasantville this summer. The RIM ROCKER Basketball Camp is June 12th-14th from 1:00-2:30 p.m. and the cost is $30 (and 15% of the fees collected will be donated back to the school.) This camp is run by two former high school standout players Zack Leeper (Adair- Casey) who also played for Northwestern College and T.J. Bower (Nodaway Valley) who also played at Southwestern Community College. Info flyers are available in the MS Office. Contact them for more information or to RSVP for the camp at: firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, grade and school you attend.
10. STAR SPANGLED SQUAD Registrations are now being accepted for the annual July 4th performance. Students aged pre-school thru Middle school are eligible to participate (including students from other communities). Pick up forms outside the MS Office. First practice will be June 14th, which is the final deadline for registrations. Cost is $25 due by June 14th first practice. Parents and others may order extra t-shirts for $14 each ( XXL $16, XXXL $18, XXXXL $20) . This will also be a FOOD PANTRY COLLECTION DAY at the actual performance, so donation of items is encouraged the day of the show.
11. Don't Forget to get your yearbook ordered from JOSTENS. Final deadline to order online is JUNE 1st!! Jostens.com
12. FOR ALL STUDENTS ENTERING Grades 7th-12th : Mr. Fichter will be having a CROSS COUNTRY Meeting in his classroom before school tomorrow morning (THURSDAY) at 7:50 a.m. Upstairs in the HS RM 303
13. Mr. Fichter also had a HS GIRLS basketball meeting for grades 8th-11th this morning. If you were unable to attend this meeting, please email him for information: email@example.com
- Elementary Supply Lists
posted July 7, 2017