Middle School Announcements
TUESDAY 2-28-17 8 Period Schedule TRIMESTER 3
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH CLASSES YOU SWITCH TO FOR TRIMESTER 3!!
1. SPRING AND SUMMER SPORTS SCHEDULES WILL BE COMING UP BEFORE WE KNOW IT! MAKE SURE YOU WILL BE READY TO START PRACTICES ON TIME BY HAVING YOUR COMPLETED PHYSICAL & CONCUSSION FORMS ON FILE WITH THE SCHOOL NURSE'S OFFICE.
NOTE: ALL 7th & 8th Grade STUDENTS MUST HAVE A VALID SPORTS PHYSICAL AND CONCUSSION FORM ON FILE IN ORDER TO BEGIN PRACTICE FOR ANY SPORT. Contact information for MS coaches for SPRING AND SUMMER SPORTS is listed below:
7th & 8th Girls Track Mr. Tom Wilkins firstname.lastname@example.org
7th & 8th Boys Track Mr. Rich Thomas rthomas @pvillecsd.org
Mr. Eric VanEllen email@example.com will be an assistant track coach helping with Girls and Boys MS Track
7th & 8th Grade Baseball Mr. Tom Wilkins firstname.lastname@example.org
7th & 8th Softball Mr. Eric VanEllen email@example.com
6TH GRADERS: For more information on Pleasantville Rec League Programs contact Jordan Flaws at Pleasantville Parks and Rec 515-669-8602 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. SCHOOL PICTURES FOR MS/HS were taken by PEC PHOTO this year. For more information : PO Box 68 Altoona, Iowa 50009 email email@example.com website www. pec-photo.com
3. DANCE TEAM TRYOUT INFORMATIONAL MEETING: There will be a meeting about TRYOUT for the 2017-18 PHS Dance Team on Wednesday morning March 8th at 8am in the HS Gym . Practice schedules and information will be handed out. Contact Coach Turnage with any questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
SPRING SHOW DANCERS - Dance Team Spring Show will be Saturday, April 15th at 7:00 p.m.
NEXT SCHEDULED PRACTICE FOR THE GIRLS IS MONDAY, MARCH 27TH 8:30-9:45 a.m. BEFORE SCHOOL in PHS Gym.
NEXT SCHEDULED PRACTICE FOR THE BOYS IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 29th from 3:30-4:30 p.m. in Elementary Gym.
T-SHIRT GRAPHIC IS SHOWN IN THE MS OFFICE WINDOW.
4. IMPORTANT UPCOMING DATES:
IOWA ASSESSMENT TESTING - MAKEUPS WILL BE SCHEDULED WITH MR. SINCLAIR AS NEEDED THIS WEEK
NAEP ASSESSMENT (FOR 8th GRADERS ONLY) IS SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 9th. Parents will be receiving information by mail about this assessment testing.
5. ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR YOUTH LEAGUE BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL HAS ENDED. Tuesday and Sunday SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL CLINICS will continue throughout the months of Feb. and March for those in Grades 3rd-6th.
For more information about helping with the clinics for parents/coaches, please call Ernie Colboth 515-577-0740. Girls: Tues at 6:00 p.m. and Sun. at 2:00 p.m. Boys: Tues. at 7:00 p.m. and Sun. at 3:00 p.m.
6. Any students who were in Mrs. Kreykes' class for Trimester 1 who did not finish your pillowcase projects, please see her about finishing those up. She does have Prep Time on Tuesday during 7th & 8th Hour, so if you have that time available she would like for you to be able to finish your projects. Please email her or see her for a pass.
7. SUMMER DRIVERS ED CLASSES: Will once again be offered by STREET SMARTS Drivers Education 515-279-1112 and they will begin on July 3rd. CLASS PLV-14 online registration going on now at www.streetsmartsdriversed.com You must have your driver's learning permit before class begins.
8. PHS FOOTBALL will offer three optional football open gyms for players to run through drills and work to start building our team for 2017. These sessions will be athlete led and will be held in the HS gym for any football player in grades 8th-11th.
The remaining sessions will be on the following days:
Friday, March 3rd 7:00am-7:35am
Friday, March 10th 7:00am-7:35am
They have held these sessions the past three seasons and they have become a valuable part of our success in building our team. Please let Coach Bakker know if you have any questions regarding these sessions. email@example.com Thank you very much and GO TROJANS!
9. PHS will be celebrating NATIONAL FFA WEEK from Feb. 27th through March . 3rd! DRESS UP DAYS FOR 6TH-12TH grades are the following:
TUESDAY Tie Dye TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY Blue and Gold Day
THURSDAY Hawaiian Day
FRIDAY Flannel/Farmer Day
The FFA group will also have an orientation for all 8th graders about the FFA program on Thursday at Advisory Time. Make sure to share your FFA DAYS DRESS UP PHOTOS of you and your classmates to #PvilleFFA and on facebook @PleasantvilleFFA and IG@ffa_phs
- State Wrestling Information Link
posted February 6, 2017