Middle School Announcements
Middle School Announcements for Friday 10-20-17 . 8 Period Day
1st Period Math Students will have Specials 1st hour and then Math2nd Hour
2nd Period Math students will have Math 1st Hour and then PE 2nd Hour
6th Grade 6th Grade Choir Period 7
6th Grade 6th Grade Study Hall Period 8
7th & 8th Graders:
7th Period 7th Grade Electives/8th Grade Specials
8th Period 7th Grade Specials/8th grade Electives
Lunch: chicken nuggets, mashed potatoes/gravy, cooked carrots, tropical fruit
1. School Pictures were taken by PEC Photo PO Box 68 Altoona, IA 50009
Picture retake day has been scheduled for next Tuesday, October 24th. If you are planning to do retakes, you will need to return the complete photo package to the photograher on that morning. If you were not photographed back in September on the orignal picture day at school, you do need to be photographed on the retake day, regardless of whetther or not you want to purchase pictures.
2. 7th & 8th Graders interested in wrestling should sign up on the signup sheet on the markerboard outside of Mr. Thomas' classroom. JH Wrestling will be meeting at a later time, probably next week, so watch for the announcement from Mr. Knutson.
3. There are a few remaining copies of the 2016-2017 Pleasantville Elementary/MS yearbook. They are available for sale and the cost is $25. If you are interested in purchasing one, please contact Mrs. Ann Core via email email@example.com . Information was also sent home last week to remind you to purchase your yearbook for the 2017-2018 current school year from Jostens. This ordering process should be completed online at: jostensyearbooks.com . The deadline to order your Elementary/Middle School yearbook for 2017-2018 current school year for the EARLY BIRD PRICING RATE (lowest cost of the year $22.00- which will save you $3 )is approaching fast. To get this special rate, you must place your online order by next Friday 10/27/17. Phone number to call Jostens if you have questions is: 1-877-767-5217
4. LAST DAY TO REGISTER for Boys and Girls winter sports for Pleasantville Youth Leagues Basketball and Orange Crush Wrestling. Basketball is open for Boys and Girls in 1st-6th grades and Orange Crush Wrestling is open for Boys and Girls PK-6th grade. Final deadline to register for either program is TODAY Friday, October 20th. Please register online by this date-no late registrations will be accepted for either program. To register go to discoverpleasantville.com and click on the "activities and sports" tab. For more information contact Jordan Flaws at 515-669-8602 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org Flyer information about registration is also available on the school webpage and extra copies are available on the table outside the MS office.
5. There will be a MS Halloween dance sponsored by the After-Prom committee on Saturday, October 28th from 7:00-9:00 p.m. in the PHS cafeteria. Admission is $5 and they will also have food available for purchase including, pizza, drinks, and baked goods. Come for the fun--costumes are optional! This is an After-Prom fundraiser event.
6. Red Ribbon Week activity for Middle School students will be held afterschool on Thursday, October 26th from 3:30-5:00 p.m. in the Event Center gym. Join us for volleyball, button making, coloring and a popcorn snack.
7. Tomorrow Friday, October 20th will be the opening of LA CAFE (in the serving window of the PHS Family Consumer Science classroom ) . Drink and breakfast items may be purchased between 7:15 and 8:00 a.m. Please remember that you still need to be in class on time, so plan accordingly.
8. Effective today in MS if you leave a classroom for any reason during class period times, you will be required to sign out at the teacher's desk and also sign back in when you return.
9. The Anti-Bullying Club is a new club being formed and they will be meeting the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month from 3:30-4:15 p.m. in the PHS library. (Next meeting schedueld for Wed. Nov. 1st) . If you would like to get involved, please let Mr. Sinclair know. This club is open to any members that want to be a part of making our school a better place, and their goal is to plan fun activities focused on kindness and anti-bullying.
10. Mr. Bruns' Chess Club will be meeting on Tuesdays afterschool until 4:30 p.m. in HS Math classroom Rm 209. Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 24th.
OCTOBER Habit #2 Always BEGIN with the END in mind.
Envision what you want in the future so you can work and plan towards it. Understand how people make decisions in their life. To be effective you need to act based on principles and constantly review your mission statement. Are you-right now-who you want to be? What do I have to say about myself? How do you want to be remembered? Change your life to act and be proactive according to the Habit #1. You are the programmer! Grow and stay humble.
- Marion County Offering Flu Shots for Students October 17th.
posted September 15, 2017