Middle School Announcements
THURSDAY 4-20-17 BLOCK SCHEDULE (Odds) TRIMESTER 3
1. MAKE SURE YOU WILL BE READY TO PRACTICE AND COMPETE BY HAVING YOUR COMPLETED PHYSICAL & CONCUSSION FORMS ON FILE WITH THE SCHOOL NURSE'S OFFICE.
THURSDAY, APRIL 20th will be a MS BOYS ONLY MEET in Knoxville at 4:30 p.m. and MS BOYS will be dismissed at 3:15 p.m. and the bus will leave at 3:30 p.m. TODAY. GIRLS and BOYS will also have a track meet at Monroe TOMORROW on FRIDAY, APRIL 21st at 4:30 p.m. They will be dismissed at 3:00 and the bus will leave at 3:15 on FRIDAY.
NOTE: ALL 7th & 8th Grade STUDENTS MUST HAVE A VALID SPORTS PHYSICAL AND CONCUSSION FORM ON FILE IN ORDER TO BEGIN PRACTICE FOR ANY SPORT. Contact information for MS coaches for SPRING AND SUMMER SPORTS is listed below:
7th & 8th Girls Track Mr. Tom Wilkins email@example.com
7th & 8th Boys Track Mr. Rich Thomas rthomas @pvillecsd.org
Mr. Eric VanEllen firstname.lastname@example.org will be an assistant track coach helping with Girls and Boys MS Track
7th & 8th Grade Baseball Mr. Tom Wilkins email@example.com
7th & 8th Softball Mr. Eric VanEllen firstname.lastname@example.org
6TH GRADERS: For more information on Pleasantville Rec League Programs contact Jordan Flaws at Pleasantville Parks and Rec 515-669-8602 or email him at email@example.com
2. SCHOOL PICTURES FOR MS/HS were taken by PEC PHOTO this year. For more information : PO Box 68 Altoona, Iowa 50009 email firstname.lastname@example.org website www. pec-photo.com
3.****DANCE TEAM TRYOUT INFORMATION- TRYOUTS for the 2017-18 PHS Dance Team. If you were unable to attend this meeting, please Contact Coach Turnage with any questions (email@example.com) or to obtain information about practice schedules for tryouts and other requirements. 8th-11th graders would be eligible for tryouts. Those trying out will need to attend a minimum of 5 scheduled practices. (SEE SCHEDULE POSTED IN THE MS OFFICE WINDOW). TRYOUTS ARE SCHEDULED FOR MONDAY, APRIL 24TH at 8 a.m. in the PHS gym.****
4. Any students who were in Mrs. Kreykes' class for Trimester 1 or Trimester 2 who did not finish your pillowcase projects, please see her about finishing those up. She does have Prep Time on Tuesdays during 7th & 8th Hour, so if you have that time available she would like for you to be able to finish your projects. Please email her or see her for a pass.
5. SUMMER DRIVERS ED CLASSES: Will once again be offered by STREET SMARTS Drivers Education 515-279-1112 and they will begin on July 3rd. CLASS PLV-14 online registration going on now at www.streetsmartsdriversed.com You must have your driver's learning permit before class begins, and additional drive time outside of class time will be scheduled for each student. Cost is $325 or $335 if paying with credit or debit card. Payments should be mailed to: Street Smarts PO Box 71658 Clive, Iowa 50325. Office is located at 9914 Swanson Blvd in Clive with office Hours from 8-5 p.m. M-F.
6. PHS SOFTBALL: Please also see Mrs. Roff if you are interested in cookie dough from Softball fundraiser. $20/box and they have several extras left to sell. firstname.lastname@example.org
7. PHS BASEBALL now has I-CUBS TICKETS available for sale. They are at a discounted price of $8.00 (normally $12.00 at Principal Park) and they are good for any regular season game there except for July 2nd and 3rd. Please contact Coach Card or any PHS Baseball player if you are interested in purchasing some of these tickets. email@example.com
8. KNOXVILLE HOSPITAL & CLINICS will again be offering FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS for 6th thru 11th graders. They will be here on Wednesday, May 17th beginning at 1:00 p.m. Be watching for more information when this gets closer. NOTE: Each student will need a physical form with background information completed and a parent signature on both the physical and concussion forms turned in by MONDAY, MAY 15TH to be allowed to participate in the free physicals here at school. ****These forms are available on the school website or in the offices and can be turned in at any time. We will keep them in the office until the date arrives, but students will not be able to take advantage of this opportunity unless forms are turned in to the school nurse via the offices.****
9. DMACC Southridge Middle School Career Discovery Camp 2017: Midddle Schoolers-this is your opportunity to check out the DMACC Career options available in the area of automotive technology, computer programming, criminal justice, health occupations and teaching. Wednesday , July 26th, 2017 . 8:45-3:00 p.m. at DMACC Southridge. You may choose orning only session for $15 or $25 for all day (includes snack , lunch and t-shirt) Sign-up information will be emailed out to 6th-8th graders and parents or you can pickup an extra entry form outside the MS office.
10. WASHINGTON D.C. TRIP Red Wheel FUNDRAISER for 6th and 7th grade students will run through Monday, April 24th. All packets with orders and money should be returned to Mrs. Schloemer or Mr. Wilkins by Monday, April 24th. *****Please note on your calendars: the pickup date for the frozen food deliveries from these orders will be May 10th from 3:30 -6:00 p.m.*****
11. THERE WILL BE NO MS CHOIR LESSONS THIS WEEK OR NEXT WEEK DUE TO PREPARATIONS FOR THE Jr./Sr. Prom this weekend on Saturday. Walk-in is scheduled for 7:00-8:00 p.m.